Watkins Annual Steam Protection Service (WASPS) – A new service for 2016 from Watkins Hire
Take the 'Sting' out of your Steam Boiler annual inspection planning with our Watkins Annual Steam Protection Service (WASPS).
WASPS has been introduced to assist all clients with production critical steam boiler plant located across multiple sites.
With all steam boilers being subject to an annual insurance inspection, this means downtime for the boiler. In many cases a temporary rental boiler is required to cover these shutdowns to prevent downtime in production.
Following a comprehensive (One off charge for survey applies but is refunded if a WASPS plan is taken out), a WASPS plan gives you access to specified ring fenced boiler package for the duration of the contract period (minimum 12 months) with an agreed number of transport movements and commissioning charges included for one fixed monthly fee to cover all sites.
This guarantees availability of a suitable steam boiler package to cover all annual shutdowns so that they can be programmed to take place when production demands are at the lowest points throughout the year. The package would also be available to cover any emergency requirements when not in use on a site.
- Benefits of a WASPS plan include:
- New equipment would be supplied
- WHL liaise with sites to program shut down cover
- When the package is not required to cover annual inspections it will be available to cover any emergency requirements
- No future issues with equipment availability
- No capital investment required for back up boiler plant
- No asset depreciation
- No ongoing maintenance costs as rental boiler package would be fully maintained and serviced by WHL for the duration of the contract
- Transport charges and labour for commissioning included so no hidden costs
- Minimises production or financial losses due to current boiler failure
- Can form part of Business Continuity Plans